Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summer lovin'

DH joined me on my run today. It was fabulous! He's a great motivator and extremely patient. In between heaves, I kept urging him to run on... he said nope, he's out of shape too :o) This was only possible because dear step daughter is in for a visit and able to sit with the littles while we run away.

It was definitely a sweet reminder of what fun we used to have running together before the littles arrived. We would eat and head out for a run. Back then we would drive to the local rails to trails. It would be a nice out and back. He'd normally run a couple miles further than me, but we'd finish at close to the same time. We'd joke that whomever finished first was able to smack the other on the butt on the way by.

The sun was hot today. Early afternoon left little shade for us. We both really enjoy the heat of running in the summer. I'm not a big fan of humidity. I hate that feeling of carrying a wet blanket.

Anyway total for the day 2.8 (felt like a million though). Total time - 35 minutes.

No comments: