Saturday, August 2, 2008

Menu Planning & Zucchini Burgers

Menu planning is something that is vital to my success as a working mother. Without the menus, we would be living on take out! I typically make my menus on Fridays and grocery shop Saturdays. Here's this weeks offerings:

Sat: veggie soup/ garlic bread/ cheese cubes
Sun: zucchini burgers (my special concoction from a misread recipe), oven fries
Mon: Red Beans & Rice
Tue: Chipotle macaroni and cheese, broccoli
Wed: Taco salad
Thu: Fish sandwiches
Fri: veggie stir fry w/ rice

Here's my recipe for zucchini burgers:

1 to 1.5# ground beef
2 - small zucchini, shredded
1 egg
1 c feta cheese crumbles
1/2 c wheat germ
Mint to taste

Shape into patties and grill on a George Foreman grill. Fabulous served on toasted wheat buns and topped with cucumber slices and mayo.

No comments: