Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Homemaking

This should really be 2 separate posts but I'm limited on time... and really attempting to up my posts so here's a 2fer for ya!

First up is my breakfast on the go for the upcoming week. I placed refrigerated biscuits in a cupcake tin. I topped it with an egg. Then baked in a oven preheated to 375 degrees. Once the egg was set, I topped with shredded cheese. They smell heavenly! I completely stole this idea from my son's child care provider by the way.

Next up is my renewed effort at homemaking. I really want our home to be a sanctuary. A peaceful place to renew our spirits daily. I've been away from quilting for a couple of years, busy making diapers and soap I guess. But I really miss quilting and sewing for fun. I found a table runner pattern utilizing a jellyroll of fabric. It was a great quick start to rekindle my love of quilting. I finished this table runner in about a week. It seemed like the perfect item to soften up my night stand. I cleared the clutter and brought back only the most important items. I'm quite pleased with the result.

I'd love to see any happy homemaking projects you've completed this past week!

No comments: