Monday, October 6, 2008

White Goulash

I have no idea what to call this dish, but it reminds me of the goulash that my friends church used to serve in the basement. My dish is all white, except for the broccoli. If broccoli is in a dish then my kids figure it's safe to eat. Therefore, broccoli is my go-to ingredient in questionable situations. My husband and I loved it. My children picked out the broccoli and noodles and dipped them in ranch dressing.

Ingredients:
1# pasta
1# frozen broccoli

Put water on to boil and cook these two ingredients together.

Sauce:
Olive oil hmm maybe 3 T?
1/4 c butter
2 cloves garlic
seasonings to taste: basil, oregano, parsley... whatever
Heat these until aromatic. Add:
1 large onion diced
1 c chicken, cooked
After a softening add:
1 can navy beans (partially drained)

Stir all together. salt and pepper. Delicious!

BTW - DH says if I didn't write this down somewhere I'd forget how to make it. And he wants it again. He's probably right. So now I have ;)

No comments: