Sunday, November 2, 2008

Massage Lotion Review


I enjoy giving massages. I know it's a little weird. I enjoy getting them too of course. But my preference would be to give one. I typically just use straight jojoba oil for a massage lubricant. Hubby has had a sore back and has been a little stressed out as of late, so I thought I'd step it up a notch. I purchased Anti-Stress Massage Lotion from earth therapeutics.

Let me point out right off the top that it has parabens in it. This definitely something that I work to avoid. I certainly wouldn't use this on my children. Nor would I use this as a daily treatment. But for this occasional use, I decided to throw caution to the wind and try it out on Hubby. The scent is pleasant but not the chamomile/lavender promised on the front label. Definitely the peppermint comes through loud and clear. Not surprisingly then, it's also quite tingley to the touch. The lotion itself is not at all greasy yet still sticks around long enough to really give a good massage.

So all in all, the texture is fabulous; the scent is peppermint; and it's obviously mentholated. If this is what you're looking for it is fabulous. Just don't expect the chamomile/lavender on the label.

No comments: