Sunday, November 23, 2008

Rosie the Rivoter...


Yes We Can!

I didn't realize that the material I purchased for my new work dress was gun-metal grey. It's a very cozy thick jersey. I feel as though I am in my jammies... unfortunately I look as though I should either be standing in a depression bread line OR heading off to work on the war effort. However, I am keeping it.

Things I learned while sewing this dress:
1. I consistantly estimate myself about 2 sizes bigger than I am. This leads to improved alteration skills, but greatly increases the time dedicated to each project.
2. I look best in structured clothing, but unstructured is way faster to sew. This also makes it much more fun to make.
3. I really love the instant gratification of quick projects and Ottobre magazine.

No comments: