Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year Post

Happy New Year!

I feel as though if I make any resolutions this year, I should write them in the blog so that I can be accountable. This adds a whole new dimension to the resolution. Publicizing and being accountable takes a lot of the fun out of resolutions.

One of my favorite resolutions was in 1999, I wanted to make each person that I spoke to feel they were the most important person in the world. It took me about 2 days to realize that this is just completely unrealistic. It involved being trapped at the grocery counter while the checker shared her philosophy on parenting... or listening to the mechanic drone on about politics. Maybe if I were more patient this would actually be within my reach, but I'm a realist.

I guess I could resolve to be more patient, especially with my children. The reality of the situation is that they are both currently sitting on separate couches in "neutral corners." One kicked one in the chest and as retaliation was promptly head butted. Ahh... no, I don't think this year will be my year to perfect my patience.

I did bake some fabulous chocolate chip cookies earlier. Maybe this will be my baking year. Yep, I can stick to that.

This year I will have 2 resolutions...
1. Bake a yummy dessert each week probably Sundays, with the exception of vacation weeks.
2. I will keep my children from running with sharp objects, whenever I see them.

I think that's enough and will do for the year. Anyone else have something they feel strongly enough to commit to doing?

No comments: