Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cabbage Skillet


So I forgot/procrastinated my way out of Cabbage rolls this past week. My Aunt Julia makes the best cabbage rolls in the whole world. You would think that I would jump right on the bandwagon... But honestly, mine are a lot of work for not as good... So I came up with this recipe in a skillet that tastes fabulous without all of the work.

Cabbage Skillet

1 pound ground beef
olive oil
1 head of cabbage
1 onion
garlic to taste
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 8 oz can of sauerkraut

Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Remove, drain and set aside. Add a touch of olive oil. Add garlic and onions. When translucent add cabbage. Cook until all is browned and wilted. Add tomato sauce and sauerkraut and reserved browned beef. Cook through.

Fabulous served with a rye or pumpernickel bread.

No comments: