Sunday, March 8, 2009

Settling in at 1 week.

So we are officially here in GA for one week. Today we attended our new neighborhood parish for the first time. It reminds me of mega-protestant churches you find throughout the country. If you are familiar with I-75 in Ohio - you will understand when I say this parish could potentially support a big butter Jesus. It is huge and of course beautiful in a very contemporary sort of way. The contemporary building matched the contemporary mass that was held within its walls. I have to admit that it did not immediately satisfy the need that I had this Sunday morning. I needed something familiar and comfortable. To say I left the mass homesick would be an understatement.

But as always there is a great upswing... upon returning home hubby had some statements to make to us as a family. We reminded ourselves that it is our duty to raise our children in our faith. I believe that our previous parish made being devout easy. I'm sure we'll work together to find a way to continue our faith committment here as well. I hope that our initial empressions are a bit too harsh... after all everyone misses home some days right? Maybe this was just our day.

No comments: