Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Shower Challenge

I will add a picture to this post when the camera cable arrives - yes some how it found it's way with the furniture instead of the camera.

Our new Master bath is all tile. The itty bitty 1 inch tile with lots of grout. The actual shower is just a single shower stall like you would find at an old YMCA. On a side note there is one single large drain at the bottom which looks a little scary. In the shower this morning I mentioned to hubby that the drain freaked me out a little. I'm a little nervous something will climb up and scurry across my foot while showering. His reply of comfort? Don't worry, nothing will come up while you have water going down. Yes, he's a man of great nurturing LOL.

So scary drain aside, all that tile and grout gives me nightmares as far as mold and mildew. I have developed a plan though! I intend to mix 1 part vinegar with 3 parts water. I'll add some drops of jasmine essential as I've read somewhere that it deters mold and mildew in the bathroom. After showering we will use my handy dandy 99c squeegy to get the water off of the tile. Then we'll spritz with the mix. Hopefully this will be close to self cleaning!

No comments: