Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sweater Pillows


I just think that the sweater pillows out at department stores are fabulous. I don't think the $20 price tag per pillow is so great. So I stopped in at the local Goodwill, where I found 2 sweaters for $2/ea. The red sweater is cabled and the other is the exact pattern as a sock monkey - which is a huge plus for us :) After washing I just cut 2 squares and stuffed with pillow forms. Added bonus... the pillow forms were on sale 50% off at JoAnns.

Since the pillows are sock monkey inspired, I decided to go a little over the top with a fun button. Steph at Firefly Fancies was a doll and made the awesome button. Aren't they great? And at a grand total of $14 for the whole project, I'm still under the cost of just one department store pillow :)

No comments: