Monday, April 20, 2009

Finance and Fiction... April Reads

You Can Afford To Stay Home with Your Kids by Malia McCawley Wycoff and Mary Snyder is a book that I picked up at the library. A total I'm okay, your okay kind of choice. Everyonce in a while I like to pick up something that just reaffirms my choices. This one definitely did this for me. I personally love Chapter 7 entitled the Occasional Stay at Home Blues. I love the acknowledgement that this happens. I think that it's normal and happens to people in all walks of life. It's nice to have a chapter with nice reminders that the blues have some cures - no, not medication or a glass of wine ;) Real cures like meaningful volunteer work, genuine friendships and personal goals. The book real focus is on downsizing from 2 incomes to 1 for those just thinking of making the leap.

The other read was Undercover in High Heels by Gemma Halliday. A fun girlie mystery without too much smutt. This was the first book I've ever read by this author. It was a great playground read for me. I am just beginning to explore mysteries and love them... though not stuffy ones or the other extreme of questionable content. I'd love some recommedations!

2 comments:

VeeGee's Mommy said...

The Secret History is an incredible mystery. It's by Donna Tartt.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out.