Monday, June 15, 2009

American burger bliss

So I'm calling this bliss because my kids actually eat it :) Burgers are just one of those things that are hit or miss with my littles. Actually I guess they are a little more miss than hit. That doesn't bother me, because well, they aren't the healthiest things anyway. My daughter does find herself "suffering" through meat items that she isn't particularly fond of just so the animal's life isn't thrown away. (place bag over my head now... yes I actually said that to her a couple of years ago and it's stuck) So I tried this crumbled burger out yesterday and it was a big hit. Who knew crumbles beat a patty... same stuff!

1 pound lean beef
1/2 onion, diced
2 T tomato paste
3 t prepared mustard
Garlic to taste

Brown onion & garlic. Add crumbled beef. When brown add in tomato paste & prepared mustard. Mix well. serve on hoagie buns with cheese slices and garlic pickles. MMM.

No comments: