Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What I'm reading now....

Mother Teresa, Come Be My Light. The Private Writings of the Saint of Calcutta. I won't say that it's a light summer read. But it is inspirational! Her obedient determination is amazing. Humility, perserverance, quiet patient endurance... all qualities that one could work for.

I never realized that it was almost 2 years after she received the calling to form the M.C. before it was approved. She waited, and persisted - obediently for 2 years!! Can you imagine being instructed by God to take action and waiting on your superiors to grant permission. Her faith and obedience are almost unbelievable. I lack in the obedience area... severly. Though I'm working on it. I have to say that the desire to say.. I've had enough of you all.. I'm working for God here! But of course that is why I'm a sinful little mess that won't be called to form any religious order. Instead I will read and learn. These are the lessons that I'm taking from the book... I'm sure there are many others applicable to any number of circumstances.

No comments: