Thursday, September 24, 2009

Easy Popcorn Balls


Super quick and easy popcorn balls were the treats of the week. If I would have known they were this easy I would have made them years ago! Though, I do believe they are supposed to be all pink not just swirled... but the story starts with hubby washing the car while I cook. Just as I pour the marshmallow mixture a large tree limb falls on my car... and hopefully ends with the housing complex finally agreeing to get the dead limbs out of our tree... But neither here nor there. They stay together and taste fabulous!

Have about 5 cups popped corn. I love corn popped on the range. This time I used coconut oil instead of my usual olive oil. Hubby believes there is a difference and was complimentary... I didn't taste until it was in the marshmallow so who knows =) Melt 1 stick of butter with 1-3/4 cups of mini marshmallows. When all melted, add 2 T of any jello mix powder. Pour over popcorn and quickly shape into balls with buttered hands. Wrap in wax paper. Huge hit with the neighborhood kids! And an easy, inexpensive treat to have around... well more inexpensive than those individually packaged junk treats.

Anyway, enjoy!

Oh the cupcakes were for baking bliss 2009 ~ white cake with chocolate buttercream... my favorite!

No comments: