Saturday, September 26, 2009

Mummies, step one...


I am currently very interested in multi step projects. I think it just comes from the new realization that I will never again have the time available to complete any project in one sitting... undoubtably, someone will be hurt or tired or hungry before I get remotely close to when I'm actually ready to stop. I've learned to just embrace this fact and move on...

My favorite project right now are these little chocolate men. Day one I made the dough and placed it in the refrigerator. Day two and three passed without any free time. Day four rolled around and I needed a Mommy Break! So at nap time I rolled and cut and baked. Snack time gave me the bonus of enough time to actually clean up my mess :) They were cooled and packed into freezer containers.

In a week or so I will remember one day to move them to the refrigerator to thaw to prepare for decorating. I will fill a ziploc with buttercream frosting and snip an end off. Sweeping back and forth they will magically transform into little cute mummies. I think my littles will have fun helping to decorate their own. I've also purchased a decorator tube of icing to dot in eyes and a mouth... just to keep it easy. So if ya want to play along you still have time!

No comments: