Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Campfire Spaghetti & Weekly Menu

Wow, I have gotten out of the habit of posting these, haven't I? That's too bad. Not that these menus are all that helpful for everyone out there... but they do make sure I'm at least making some healthy choices. I couldn't broadcast a week of Chef-Boy-R-Dee to the world and feel good about it. Incidentally, any of you love their spaghetti in a can from childhood but just not able to bring yourself to eat it as an adult? Now that I know the nutritional content and negatives of over processing, I just can't do it. BUT I have the perfect replacement. Camping this weekend, someone browned ground beef in a roaster over the campfire. She then poured in lots of sauce. Once it was heated through she added spaghetti noodles and cooked through. I was over the moon, which I'm not sure everyone understood. I'm certain that my suggestion it tasted like Chef-Boy-R-Dee wasn't taken as a compliment. Those of you that were raised on processed food and then later switch to more natural living may understand though =)

Anyway - on with the menu:
Wed- Shepard's Pie & green beans (Or roasted fall veggies, if I get my stuff together)

Thurs- Beef Roast Sandwiches, German Potato Salad

Fri - Make Your Own Pizzas, Veggie Sticks

Sat - Grilled Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, Peas

Sun - Penne Pasta w/ Oven Roasted Tomatoes & Balsamic Syrup, Fall veggie soup

Mon - Bean & Corn Casserole, Tossed Salad

No comments: