Sunday, November 29, 2009

Food From A Box...

So finally some food from a box that I can agree with =) Have you heard of Angel Food Ministries? Honestly, I thought that it was a charity program for low income individuals. I had no idea that it was open to everyone and that the more who participate, the better the benefit to all. By buying in bulk, they are able to receive steep discounts and fill the boxes with more food. Each box is $30 and contains enough food for about a week for a family of 4. A nation wide study showed that the contents would regularly cost $65 at a standard grocery store. In addition to the standard box for $30, additional boxes are available. Boxes for senior citizens, full of only meat deals or only produce. Those who qualify can purchase a box with food stamps. Therefore, by participating we are helping food stamp relief stretch further!

You know I love a thrifty deal, so I'm off to find our local distribution point =) If you use Angel Food Ministries or have in the past, I'd love to hear your experiences!

No comments: