Monday, June 14, 2010

Holy Zucchini Batman!

Lots of zucchini love happening in our garden right now. We are averaging about 1-2 per day. I LOVE zucchini. My children tolerate it. My favorite is sauteed w/ garlic and onions. Though for variety I've also breaded & fried and others.. a versitile new recipe is Zucchini Special:

3 6-8 inch zucchini sliced
1 onion, sliced
garlic
3 cans diced tomatoes
italian seasonings

layer in crock pot and cook for 6 - 8 hours.

We ate ours w/ garlic bread and topped w/ italian shredded cheese. In the future I think I'll use as the saucy filling for a veggie lasagna :-)

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Our zucchini didn't make it. :( We did get enough squash to grill some and to make a casserole. However, it has since died off, too. Now, green beans...they are in abundance over here. I'll probably plant more since they've been so successful. Tomatoes are growing well, too. It's all a learning experience for sure. LOL!

Jennifer said...

Well if you find yourself longing for a zucchini or two I'm sure we could work out a trade :-) we didn't have room to get beans in this year.. but we intend to double the garden size next year! Hopefully by then I'll have learned how to can!