Tuesday, October 26, 2010

By faith alone...


I know I am way late on this, but this past weekend I planted garlic. Being so far south, I pray that it has time to "take" before the ground freezes. These cloves are more than just your average garlic though... to us they are a vote of confidence. We are putting our miserable growing season behind us and looking forward. We are already trying again for next season. We have faith that at some point our yard will actually supply food!!



This garlic also is a significant step in our suburban homestead. This is the first "food" that I've planted out there. You know where other people will see it... The front yard. That's right!! We are letting it all hang out for the neighbors to see. Garlic is a perfect introduction to the whole less lawn more food movement. It grows under ground, flowers and gets pulled up before it gets to horrible looking. In the spring we hope to add other herbs to round out the garden.

No comments: