Monday, October 25, 2010

Hungry for some good reading???

So our family can't be the only one completely addicted to this series... can we?!? The Hunger Games Trilogy is so well written that I have lost nights of sleep devouring the books. I'm so revved up on adrenaline that I can't put them down to sleep! We originally borrowed them to burn through but they are so good that we had to OWN them. The fodder for conversation starts at personal relationships and family responsibilities and reaches all the way to politics and economic practices. One day when I grow up and actually get to be a librarian... we will completely use these for a book group. Until then I will read and re-read them until I'm old enough to hook my kids on this literary crack.

Word on the street is a movie is being made.. Boy I hope they don't ruin it.

2 comments:

lizzandlittlebit said...

I'm right there with you! I'm 2/3rds of the way through Mockingjay, and I can't get enough!!!! Love Love Love!

Jennifer said...

Isn't it great? I just love the whole series.. obviously I've gushed on and on.. I particularly loved the conversations that it inspired between my hubby and I. Turns out the whole first book hubby was planning how Kat should take out Peeta before she got too attached... Utoh for me. Well maybe 15 years is enough attachment? LOL.