Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

Today we were blessed with an invite to friends' farm for the holiday. It's always nice to spend the holidays with friends since we are so far from our families. This year felt like an extra special blessing in that this group of friends are just so inspiring. They are all families of amazing faith. For me, faith is something that is contageous. If I surround myself with those who are faithful, I become more so. I find this to be especially true for my children. It's so wonderful to sit through dinner and listen to children talk about theology... really how often does that happen? High schoolers talking about angels, shrines, contrasting religions.. just one of those moments that I take a breath and think... well at least the whole world is in the handbasket (if ya know what I mean)...

And I have to say the yummy food, great conversation and fun of watching the men folk pen up a bull lent more than a few laughs as well! So today I am thankful for wonderful friends to laugh, work, play & pray with...

No comments: