Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty


I picked this book up at the library mainly because I saw it was about 16 year old girl angst. As usual my book selections tend to mirror life and since I had what I deemed some immature momma drama going on it seemed like the perfect choice. Boy was it ever!

It was a great read that sometimes had me laughing out loud and other times had me reading through my fingers because I almost couldn't bear what was happening. Jessica Darling is a 16 year old high school student who's best friend moves away. She finds herself alone within her group of peers, trying to find and accept her authentic self. Much of it reminded me of the short lived, but much loved, series 'My so called life.'

Best part - I found this little gem a little late so books 1 - 5 of the series are already available :o) Love when that happens - just like w/ the Hunger Games, I get to burn right through them ~ sweet. Literary crack, my drug of choice.

No comments: