Friday, January 21, 2011

John Chapter 9

"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. ~ John 9:3

I'm still going... just a lot slower :( I love this verse. I really love it because our Fr gives the best historical context in his homilies. He seems to believe, as do I, that we can best apply scripture when we make an effort to understand the environment that they originated. I wouldn't do his homily justice so I won't try to repeat it. But the thought does inspire me to consider searching for a good family study bible that includes a lot of this info. I know I saw an advertisement for one that included short lessons for families with children under 8 and longer more mature lessons for tweens & above. I wish I could recall.. maybe when I have more time for research I'll find it... OR maybe one of you have a fabulous one to recommend?

No comments: