Thursday, January 13, 2011

Momma said there'd be days like this...

Ugh... right. Ever notice how *stuff* hits the fan in clumps? Our day yesterday started out with a minor irritation: the snow storm has delayed my text books. So with the semester already started, I am already behind. boo..

Then another irritation: Little Pixie is truly trying her hardest at piano. We signed her up for lessons in hopes that it would help with her math difficulties. She has improved in math, though I have no idea whether or not I can credit her piano playing. I can say that I love to hear her play.. what can I say any child's best efforts are always music to a momma's ears right? Well.. it's not music to her teacher's ears. The last month of lessons has been quite tense. The teacher finally unloaded with "how very disappointed I am in you" to Little Pixie. And a ton of other crap. Dude.. don't make me get all Jersey Shore on your butt. I'm the one writing the checks here and if her BEST effort is a disappointment, I'll gladly stop writing those checks. Any questions? {Notice how tough I sound? - the actual sentence was more like: Little Pixie I am very proud of you. Your best effort is always good enough for me. I know how hard you've practiced.} another boo...

But even that pales in comparison to our final challenge which was a call from my hubby that he was on his way to the Emergency Room. He's ok - Praise the Lord!! But after a stay in the hospital and lots of tests for precautionary measures, a wife sure gets some perspective. If the books don't make it until Saturday and I have to pull an all nighter to make my deadline - so what. If Little Pixie switches to another form of music class for a happier fit - so what. If something, anything threatens to dismantle a key part of our family - HUGE blubbering deal. What matters in our family is not deadlines or outsiders expectations. Our family is about the importance of each of us being a glorious addition to enjoy and love.

I guess even sucky stressful days can have silver linings.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

The ultimate 'Silver Lining' girl, you are! But you are absolutely right. Glad hubby is feeling better!