Monday, February 14, 2011

Big night out...

Sure has changed over the years :o) Oh, 15 years ago hubby and I loved a big night out on the town. It usually included a sporting event - either us watching or playing followed by dinner or drinks with friends. Fast forward to parents' night out, can you even imagine? Swinging by the local pub for a fun band.... the coffee house for chatter... bookstore for quiet time... nope, nope, and double nope. Ready to hear what 15 years has made my hubby realize is a fabulous night out?

Shoe shopping!!!
Now how did I ever facilitate this transformation you ask? Well as it turns out I had nothing at all to do with it. After spending over 22 years in combat boots with bad feet... he has learned the value of good quality comfortable shoes. He is glad to try on every shoe in the store for the perfect fit... all while I do the same. Add in a yummy dinner for 2, and indeed my definition of a fun night out has definitely changed...

That's right I said it. My hubby - who is probably thanking the good Lord that I don't name his name in this blog - loves to go shoe shopping!!

So a big fat Happy Valentine's to my shoe shopping hubby, the smartest, funniest, and most caring person I know.

No comments: