Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday!!

Picture lifted from Dunkin' Donuts site to share the full yummy goodness with you.
We celebrated the start of Fat Tuesday with a morning run to Dunkin' Donuts :-) Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday the start of Lent. We hope to start our day with a 7 am Mass... which I am posting here to keep me accountable.

For Lent this year I am going without Facebook, which I did last year too. It was tough but serves its purpose to sacrifice better than going without sweets. Sweets, I love... but going without is something that I'm used to doing. It's not a struggle or really that uncomfortable. Facebook... oh yea, that's a lot tougher... and frees up time for additional prayer.

So why the sweets? My Pixie gives up chocolate - which is HUGE for her. I'm just riding along Fat Tuesday for emotional support. How about that for a mom that goes above & beyond? ;-)

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

You have achieved rock star status with my kids. Thanks. Now *I* have to take my kids for donuts. ;P

Jennifer said...

Haha... does that mean they are giving up chocolate for 40 days too? Of course you didn't HAVE to tell them... I would suggest NOT telling them that we are going to Coldstone for dessert ;-)