Saturday, March 19, 2011

Menu for week of 3/20

Nothing fancy at all...

Saturday: pizza & bowling :-) Oatmeal scotchies for dessert.

Sunday: Something from the grill, baked potatoes, broccoli

Monday: (track night) "man beans" from the crock pot and possibly some no-kneed bread from Mother Earth News ~ but probably cornbread from the bread machine

Tuesday: (track night) grilled fish & steamed veggies ~ I've taken to grilling my fish on my george foreman grill and it's so quick & easy. It makes me wonder why I ever cooked fish any other way.

Wednesday: (T-ball night) Spaghetti w/ meat sauce, salad & garlic bread

Thursday: (track meet night so we have to be there even earlier!!) Sandwiches, veggie sticks

Friday: (horseback & family movie night) cheese pizza, some sort of veggie

Saturday: popcorn shrimp, veggies & maybe sweet potato or squash fries ~ whatever looks good on the produce run.

As a little fun aside ~ since I'm returning to work and our evenings are so busy, we've started our buddy system again. Each night one of the kids helps me cook dinner and the other helps Dad clean up. Not only are they learning to cook, but those times of just quietly working together are the times that they seem most ready to really talk.... or maybe I'm most ready to listen. Either way, I love it and so do they :-)

No comments: