Monday, April 11, 2011

Million posts in one :-)

There's a smile on my face and a song in my heart.... here's all the reasons why:

1. Little Pixie had her chorus performance this weekend. She was BEAMING. Seeing her so happy and loving what she's doing is just the kind of a boost a tired momma needs.

2. Chorus practice is now over :-) I know she loves it. But we really need the time to get school finished for the year. That extra hour really makes a difference.

3. Little Pixie has been so mature lately that we allowed her to get her ears pierced. She's been begging for years. But we thought pierced ears was a very big kid thing to do and wanted her to demonstrate responsibility first. She's so proud. It's heart warming to see her get a glimmer of the self satisfaction of actually EARNING something BIG.

4. In addition to peeling chorus practice from our schedule we've peeled track as well. Which means today is the first day since February that our family hasn't been rushed in the evenings. When we woke up this morning I informed the kids that after school work was finished we had absolutely NOTHING to do except WHATEVER they wanted. Little man nearly wept with joy ~ and so did I.

5. I have maybe 4 projects left and my semester will be over. It's so close I can taste it. Which is why I must go... I hope to complete one now :-)

I hope your weekend is equally filled with joy & Good News!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Make that 3 projects... not that anyone is counting ;-)

Jennifer said...

Bwah ha ha ha!! Make that 2 projects!! This not having a million things to do arrangement is really working out for me :-)

Jennifer said...

And yes, I'm fully aware I'm talking to myself... that's a sign of my deliriously happy state of being and not insanity. Or so the voices tell me ;-)