Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summer Reading Post Script

I finished Summer Reading last evening and it was completely satisfying. The ending wasn't exactly what I would have wanted or everything I predicted, BUT it fulfilled the build up of the story. The recommended reading and talk of the classics reminded me how much I loved some of those books... My Antonia... or really my absolute favorite The Great Gatsby. They really are much more enjoyable when you don't have a high school english lit teacher attempted to disect the whole thing... or maybe that's just me.

Makes me wonder what are your classic favorites?

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Loved all the classics when they weren't assigned! Gatsby is wonderful, Grapes of Wrath, Mice and Men, Animal Farm (which is way scarier now that I see that the government is truly getting to be like the book!) Farenheit 451 (is that a classic?)