Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Nearly 2 pounds!!


I love, love, love roasted broccoli. I take off the stems. Toss with old bay seasoning. Spread out on a foiled baking sheet. And stick in a 350 degree oven until it starts to brown all over. I stir once or twice. Depends on how much your doing, for how long it takes maybe start checking around 20 minutes.

Last Saturday I did about a 2 pound batch - though that weight included the big broccoli stem which I didn't use for this purpose. I put it in a bowl to share with the family. Unfortunately snitch by snitch and bite by bite... I ate the whole stinkin' batch myself. Seriously... Eh could be worse. I could have eaten a pound of chip chop ham ... which is a story for another day.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I'll bet your colon was totally in love with you. ;)

Jennifer said...

or at least my waist line ;)