Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Did you love the Hunger Games?

Yeah me too..

I raved and raved about it until everyone around me read it too. They all agreed. Now I find myself raving again... I haven't reached the end, so perhaps I'll regret it. I doubt it.


This book is AWESOME!!! It's futuristic without being too sci-fi. It boldly confronts body image issues, environmental responsibility and just pure adventure. This is the first in the series that includes: Uglies, Pretties, Specials and Extras. The uglies are teens awaiting a surgery at 16 that makes them all perfectly beautiful. All their dreams come true. Why on earth wouldn't everyone want that? You might be surprised...

As the Hunger Games, this series is young adult. Thus far it seems very appropriate for a young audience, though my disclaimer is I'm only 1/2 way through... I'll keep ya posted.

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Reminds me of high school...(shudder)

BTW...now I am reading all the word verification words as words...today mine was 'flench'. I don't know why that makes me laugh. :)

By Word of Mouth Musings said...

My 13 yr old just told me that the majority of the 'sci fi' futuristic books tend to be really depressing since most of the characters die ;)

she alternates fantasy with a classic! lol

Jennifer said...

I think a lot of the young adult books can get dark and depressing... I don't care for that. But I do love futuristic (apparently judging by my favorites)!!

I've moved on to Pretties and still lovin' it!!

Jennifer said...

Stayed up a little late to finish Specials. Still loved it. There were parts that I thought 'really?' but it all tied together in the end. I still highly recommend the entire series.