Monday, October 10, 2011

Waste not want not: bagel chips

Use up those leftover bagels! I used wheat bagels here... I'm thinking of trying this with blueberry or cinnamon raisin swirl for a sweet twist.


Bagel chips -

Preheat oven to 425. Slice left over bagels about 1/4" thick. Place bagel pieces in a ziploc bag. Drizzle with olive oil and seasoning. I used ranch popcorn seasoning - which was delicious but certainly not 'natural'... other options might be garlic powder, cumin & chili powder. Or just salt and pepper... a little rosemary... whatever fits your fancy. Pour out on a foil lined baking sheet and stick in the oven. After about 5 minutes toss the chips around so they brown evenly. They should be done around 12 minutes or whenever they make the kitchen smell delicious!

2 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Oooooh, I'm going to have to try this, we always have like one extra bagel in the bag, I think my kiddos would love this!

Nice to "meet" you, I'm putting you on my google reader!

Thanks for stopping by!

Jennifer said...

Us too!! Nice to meet you as well :) I love your faith ideas for the whole family. We'll be borrowing quite a few!!