Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Favorite Meals:

This week the favorite meals were for the adults :) Hubby and I just loved these two meals to the point we were like that old car commercial, trying to beat each other to the left overs. Luckily I'd cooked for an army, like usual! One meal was an old favorite: Kale w/ white beans & tomatoes. The other was a new favorite: Beef and beans w/ noodles.

 First up: My lunch. Kale w/ white beans & tomatoes, which I always serve with garlic bread on the side to bribe the kids!

Super easy & quick~ especially when ya buy the pre-washed packaged kale:
1T olive oil
1 big bag kale
chicken stock
garlic
mustard (spice not prepared)
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
shredded Parmesan cheese for topping

Heat the oil in a pot. Add garlic. When you can smell it, add chicken stock about 2 inches deep in the bottom. After it warms add kale in big handfuls. I like to add mustard at this point, but apple cider vinegar is good too. Let each handful cook down enough to add more. Stir regularly. Once all the kale is cooked down a bit and is a dark color, add tomatoes and beans. Heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan... Mmmm.



Even easier ~ just dump all this stuff in your crock pot

1 1/2 pounds of ground beef browned with a diced onion
2 cans beans, rinsed and drained. I used kidney and white.
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 family size can of tomato soup & a full can of water
garlic
salt & pepper

Set on low for the day. Just before serving cook whole wheat egg noodles. Spoon beef & beans over noodles.

I'm still struggling with serving fast nutritious meals to my family since I've returned to work. I think I'm getting better..

No comments: