Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween week lunches:

This week we had a sickie in the house so my spare time and ambition were at a minimum. I made the best use of the items we had available on hand for fun lunches. I think we scrounged around ok, all in all.


We had english muffin mummies on Monday. These packed amazingly well.

Pizza in a box was another lazy quick lunch that was easily thrown together.

Lessons I've learned over the past couple of weeks:

While many cook books say that kids don't mind eating food cold that is usually warm, my kids don't like it at all!! Items such as chicken nuggets, meatballs etc either need to be warm or not at all. We're going with not at all but this is definitely impacting the recipes we can use. For the record, I love cold chicken and french fries but apparently that's not a trait that I've handed down.

Fresh fruit is best. But there will be times that fresh has gone bad or isn't available... in those times canned fruit is my friend. I'm building a stockpile for just in case times!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Have you thought of heating those items and packing them in an insulated container? They would at least be warm by lunch time.