Monday, November 21, 2011

The one that got away...

This year our watermelons were planted toward the fence. We kept pulling back vines as to not become a nusiance to our neighbors. Apparently one snuck over into their yard anyway. I was taking an inventory of the work we need to do to our gardens over the winter and something caught my eye through the fence ~ a watermelon on the loose. Oddly enough, they didn't eat it. Certainly it's gone bad by now :(

One of the upcoming changes was digging 3 new flower beds on the veggie side of the yard for bulbs ~
One perk of working late, is I come home and the work is already finished :) The bad part of that is that it's already dark before I get home. I haven't gotten my hands really dirty since the time change. I think it's beginning to affect my mood!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Were the neighbors afraid of your watermelon? lol! I would have at least picked it and brought it over to you. I am with you about getting dirty...I tell my kids that dirt is full of vitamin "D". lol