Sunday, December 18, 2011

My week in pictures...

Oh how I struggle to get together posts... Today I take the easy way out.. just a weekly recap:
Apricot crepes. I love crepes but have always sucked at them. These turned out pretty well. Perhaps I'll make more. At least I gave the pancake guy (hubby) a day off :)

Gingerbread. I love it. I just don't think it's the holidays without it. But I'm the only one who totally loves it in our house. So I share with the neighbors. Hope they love it too. If not then my gingerbread is the neighborhood version of fruitcake. They all act very appreciative at least :)

Finished object: My orange & grey plaid skirt. I love it because I put in pockets. I did learn that I must totally suck at taking my own measurements. I am an ok seamstress but always have to alter patterns for the perfect fit. In this skirt I had to completely eliminate the waistband. It just didn't fit :( Perhaps I measured my natural waist instead of where I wanted the skirt to fall. I am extremely high waisted by nature. Think Erkel.

My next quilt. Remember months and months ago I posted a Wordless Wednesday of these strips? Well after other random projects I finally got to the point of cutting them. Perhaps in another 6 months I'll have a picture of a couple of them sewn together. LOL.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

The skirt is beautiful!

Jennifer said...

That's just the wonder woman pose that is impressing you!