Sunday, July 15, 2012

Special visitors with a message to my heart!

Funniest thing ... sometimes a common message can just hit you at the most needed times and it's like a sledge hammer right?


That was exactly what happened today...

So our whole family is struggling with some transition right now. This is just normal life stuff that we really had no say in, but now have to fully come to terms with. We will be all be fine, and honestly at the end of the day - we all have a house, food & one another so life is good right?


But I haven't always felt that way...


In fact, I didn't feel that way at all until after Mass today. Today I went to Mass feeling sorry for myself. Some personal relationships had soured. My work hours had changed that significantly impacted my family causing some very difficult decisions to be made.


I was going about doing what I felt was right but not liking any of it due to anxiety and worry.


Then a new priest started the Mass. Great, I thought.. Just what I needed... some new guy when I'm struggling with all of this baggage. Great. And then the Mass started...


And it was the same. (Of course)


And it hit me, that of course it's the same. Our Mass is my visit with Our Lord, who is steadfast. No matter my current circumstances, He is available and ever supportive.


And then came the message....


If people do not welcome you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave their town, as a testimony against them. Luke 9:5  Father's homily focused on our need to depend upon one another and care for one another. Judgement of one another based upon denomination, personal preferences and other random things is not of value. Furthermore, if we should find ourselves in an unwelcoming place, we should not carry it with us. We should instead shake their dirt from our sandals and drive on to better destinations.

And that my friends, is exactly what I intend to do :) 


As to our special visitors ~ they were men and women working towards becoming Chaplains in the USAF. That has to be one of the toughest jobs in the military and I'll be praying for them. I know they were already a blessing to me! 

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Great post! Thank you for sharing. I have felt that way many times myself.

Jennifer said...

You are welcome :)